L.A. Deputy who Fabricated Sniper Attack on himself has not been Charged

A Los Angeles sheriff’s deputy admitted to fabricating a story about being shot at by a sniper while unloading a patrol car outside a sheriff’s station Wednesday.

But almost a week later, Angel Reinosa has yet to be charged.

Investigators became suspicious when Angel Reinosa showed up to the emergency room with holes in his shirt but no visible bullet wounds. The 21-year-old deputy later admitted to cutting up the shirt to make it look as if he had been shot.

However, the fabrication sparked a massive manhunt inside a nearby four-story apartment building, only for deputies to come away with nothing but a pellet gun.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

“Angry. Embarrassed. Furious. Unbelievable. Ashamed. These are some of the words circulating our station’s hallways since last night as our deputies try to wrap their minds around last night’s press conference surrounding the incident that occurred in our parking lot on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.”

Reinosa, 21, claimed he was struck in the chest about 2:50 p.m. Wednesday as he walked to his car in the employee parking lot at the Lancaster station, authorities said. At the time, investigators believed Reinosa’s bulletproof vest had saved his life but that a bullet had grazed his shoulder.

But much of the deputy’s statement “was self-serving and didn’t make a whole lot of sense,” said Sheriff’s Capt. Kent Wegener. No bullets were recovered from the scene.

“There were many things that didn’t add up,” Wegener said.

Reinosa has been with the agency for only a year and was still going through training. Despite being a rookie, he already developed a reputation for dishonesty, according to the L.A. Times.

He is at least the second cop within a month to admit to fabricating an attack on himself.

As of this report, Reinosa has not been fired or arrested but that will likely change soon. Listen to the press conference in the video above and read our report below from 2015 about cops who fabricate attacks on themselves.

A Los Angeles sheriff’s deputy admitted to fabricating a story about being shot at by a sniper while unloading a patrol car outside a sheriff’s station Wednesday.

But almost a week later, Angel Reinosa has yet to be charged.

Investigators became suspicious when Angel Reinosa showed up to the emergency room with holes in his shirt but no visible bullet wounds. The 21-year-old deputy later admitted to cutting up the shirt to make it look as if he had been shot.

However, the fabrication sparked a massive manhunt inside a nearby four-story apartment building, only for deputies to come away with nothing but a pellet gun.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

“Angry. Embarrassed. Furious. Unbelievable. Ashamed. These are some of the words circulating our station’s hallways since last night as our deputies try to wrap their minds around last night’s press conference surrounding the incident that occurred in our parking lot on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.”

Reinosa, 21, claimed he was struck in the chest about 2:50 p.m. Wednesday as he walked to his car in the employee parking lot at the Lancaster station, authorities said. At the time, investigators believed Reinosa’s bulletproof vest had saved his life but that a bullet had grazed his shoulder.

But much of the deputy’s statement “was self-serving and didn’t make a whole lot of sense,” said Sheriff’s Capt. Kent Wegener. No bullets were recovered from the scene.

“There were many things that didn’t add up,” Wegener said.

Reinosa has been with the agency for only a year and was still going through training. Despite being a rookie, he already developed a reputation for dishonesty, according to the L.A. Times.

He is at least the second cop within a month to admit to fabricating an attack on himself.

As of this report, Reinosa has not been fired or arrested but that will likely change soon. Listen to the press conference in the video above and read our report below from 2015 about cops who fabricate attacks on themselves.

- Advertisement -

Support our Mission

Help us build a database of bad cops

For almost 15 years, PINAC News has remained active despite continuous efforts by the government and Big Tech to shut us down by either arresting us for lawful activity or by restricting access to our readers under the pretense that we write about “social issues.”

Since we are forbidden from discussing social issues on social media, we have created forums on our site to allow us to fulfill our mission with as little restriction as possible. We welcome our readers to join our forums and support our mission by either donating, volunteering or both.

Our plan is to build a national database of bad cops obtained from public records maintained by local prosecutors. The goal is to teach our readers how to obtain these lists to ensure we cover every city, county and state in the country.

After all, the government has made it clear it will not police the police so the role falls upon us.

It will be our most ambitious project yet but it can only be done with your help.

But if we succeed, we will be able to keep innocent people out of prison.

Please make a donation below or click on side tab to learn more about our mission.

Subscribe to PINAC

Bypass Big Tech censorship.

Carlos Miller
Carlos Millerhttps://pinacnews.com
Editor-in-Chief Carlos Miller spent a decade covering the cop beat for various newspapers in the Southwest before returning to his hometown Miami and launching Photography is Not a Crime aka PINAC News in 2007. He also published a book, The Citizen Journalist's Photography Handbook, which is available on Amazon.

Leave a Reply

- Advertisement -

Latest articles