Texas Deputy Charged with Two Rapes while on-duty may have Committed more Rapes

In the two years he worked as a Harris County deputy constable, Richard Cornejo was accused of raping two separate women while on duty.

Investigators believe there may be more.

The 37-year-old father of four was arrested Thursday after a grand jury indicted him a day earlier on two charges of sexual assault and one count of official oppression.

Cornejo would prey on women who were patrons of Palacios, an after-hours nightclub he was assigned to police as part of his regular shift, said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.

“He was probably stopping people he thought were intoxicated and trying to take advantage of them,” Acevedo told the Houston Chronicle. “We really believe there’s other victims.”

In June 2018, Cornejo found a woman asleep in her car outside Palacios and found a marijuana joint in the car, which he used as an excuse to follow her home. Once in her home, he is accused of raping her.

The woman did not come forward until November 2018 and he was fired a few days later for “departmental violations.”

Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman released the following statement:

“Our office was contacted by the Houston Police Department on November 5, 2018, about a female victim that had made an outcry of a sexual assault, that had occurred in July 2018, by a deputy employed with our agency. Our Internal Affairs Division launched an investigation and identified the employee as Richard Cornejo.

Cornejo was immediately removed from patrol duties and placed on office duties during the Internal Affairs Investigation. During our internal investigation the employee Richard Cornejo admitted to having consensual sex with the female while on duty. Richard Cornejo was terminated from our office on

November 9, 2018 for department policy violations. Our office has, and will continue to work with the Houston Police Department on this matter.”

In May 2018, Cornejo is accused of pulling over another woman who he ordered to drive to another location which was where he allegedly raped her. He is being held on a $105,000 bond.

In the two years he worked as a Harris County deputy constable, Richard Cornejo was accused of raping two separate women while on duty.

Investigators believe there may be more.

The 37-year-old father of four was arrested Thursday after a grand jury indicted him a day earlier on two charges of sexual assault and one count of official oppression.

Cornejo would prey on women who were patrons of Palacios, an after-hours nightclub he was assigned to police as part of his regular shift, said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.

“He was probably stopping people he thought were intoxicated and trying to take advantage of them,” Acevedo told the Houston Chronicle. “We really believe there’s other victims.”

In June 2018, Cornejo found a woman asleep in her car outside Palacios and found a marijuana joint in the car, which he used as an excuse to follow her home. Once in her home, he is accused of raping her.

The woman did not come forward until November 2018 and he was fired a few days later for “departmental violations.”

Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman released the following statement:

“Our office was contacted by the Houston Police Department on November 5, 2018, about a female victim that had made an outcry of a sexual assault, that had occurred in July 2018, by a deputy employed with our agency. Our Internal Affairs Division launched an investigation and identified the employee as Richard Cornejo.

Cornejo was immediately removed from patrol duties and placed on office duties during the Internal Affairs Investigation. During our internal investigation the employee Richard Cornejo admitted to having consensual sex with the female while on duty. Richard Cornejo was terminated from our office on

November 9, 2018 for department policy violations. Our office has, and will continue to work with the Houston Police Department on this matter.”

In May 2018, Cornejo is accused of pulling over another woman who he ordered to drive to another location which was where he allegedly raped her. He is being held on a $105,000 bond.

Support our Mission

Help us build a database of bad cops

For almost 15 years, PINAC News has remained active despite continuous efforts by the government and Big Tech to shut us down by either arresting us for lawful activity or by restricting access to our readers under the pretense that we write about “social issues.”

Since we are forbidden from discussing social issues on social media, we have created forums on our site to allow us to fulfill our mission with as little restriction as possible. We welcome our readers to join our forums and support our mission by either donating, volunteering or both.

Our plan is to build a national database of bad cops obtained from public records maintained by local prosecutors. The goal is to teach our readers how to obtain these lists to ensure we cover every city, county and state in the country.

After all, the government has made it clear it will not police the police so the role falls upon us.

It will be our most ambitious project yet but it can only be done with your help.

But if we succeed, we will be able to keep innocent people out of prison.

Please make a donation below or click on side tab to learn more about our mission.

Subscribe to PINAC

Bypass Big Tech censorship.

Carlos Millerhttps://pinacnews.com
Editor-in-Chief Carlos Miller spent a decade covering the cop beat for various newspapers in the Southwest before returning to his hometown Miami and launching Photography is Not a Crime aka PINAC News in 2007. He also published a book, The Citizen Journalist's Photography Handbook, which is available on Amazon.

Leave a Reply

- Advertisement -

Latest articles